Welcome!

Welcome! I'm glad you found your way here. Spirit guides and ascended masters have been teaching me for over 25 years. It has been an educational, joyous and fulfilling journey. It's time to share it with you.

I am not doing this for fame or financial gain. My aim is solely to serve humanity and the Divine by listening, writing it down, and making it available to guide and inspire you. That is the sum total of my calling and my ambition.

I think there are people who need this. If you like what you see, please spread the word. If you find something you want to share, post a small portion and a link to the blog page from which it came. The URL for the article will pop up in your navigation bar when you click on the title. Cut and paste as needed. Spreading the word is the very best way to thank me and my sources.

There is enough material here to give you a lot to ponder; most of it is timeless. I encourage you to dig into the archives and see what speaks to you today.

Thank you for coming by. Know that the moment you made contact here, love and blessings have started flowing your way, from me, and from my many contacts. Even if you cannot hear them, they can hear you, so speak to them freely and know you are heard and understood. You never know, you just might get a reply!

Monday, March 28, 2011

The First Time God Spoke to Me


I'm about to share with you something very special. I don't have an exact date for this, save that I know I was a newlywed, so it was probably 1974 or 1975. I remember it was about 10:00 P.M. I was in the living/dining room of our little apartment when it happened. This is what I wrote down:


Psalm 100:
Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands!
Serve the Lord with Gladness!
Come into His presence with singing!"

You praise me as you should, with joyful heart. When you do this, you put yourself in tune with the Universe. For don't you know the rocks and waters sing praise to their Creator in one mighty, infinite, vibrant, resounding chord.

Listen closely -- Can't you hear it? (And I could!)
This is what the Universe is made of.

You must make yourself harmonize with the Universe or much of your energy is wasted clashing with the vibrations – like “beats” of sound waves against each other in physics.

Different religions may sound like they are singing different pitches (or not singing at all!) but you might say it is the Doppler effect - it depends on whether you are coming toward it or moving away from it. They are all founded at the Center. Everything is.


I really didn't understand it at the time, and frankly, it freaked me out. My interest then was being a good little wife (whatever that meant, I was trying to figure it out) and fitting in with my husband's Lutheran "normal" family. I slammed that door shut so fast that I literally forgot it happened for quite a few years. This text has also done a good job of hiding from me and only peeking out occasionally.

Reading this now, I am amazed at the content, and how well it fits with recent postings here. For example, there is another reference to water singing in "Water, The Key to Longevity." And the part about harmonizing with the Universe. Holy mackerel, as my neighbors used to say.

It wasn't until I got suckered into going with my mom to a weekend Harner Core Shamanism workshop in, I think, October of 1987, that those doors I slammed burst open again. But that's a whole other story. We'll get to that one later.

I'd regret all the wasted years, but that would be a waste, too. I'm finally doing the work I was apparently meant to do, and that's what counts.

6 comments:

  1. Interestingly enough, if I listen, I can still hear that sound of the Universe. I never lost the ability, even when I was trying to be "normal."

    It's such a waste to deny who and what you are. It took me way too long to learn this.

    Cherish yourself, friends. Stop beating yourself up for not being...whatever you think you aren't. Embrace your uniqueness, explore your true interests. Celebrate the wonder of You.

    Blessings,
    Orea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this on blog farm and wanted to stop by and say hello. It is inspiring to listen to that still small voice and, better yet, to remember the message. TY :-)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Orea:
    You said:
    I really didn't understand it at the time, and frankly, it freaked me out.

    As a point of reference, there is a book called The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. This book has crossed my path SO many times since its publication. Other people in my immediate periphery reading it or having it come across the counter at he book store I used to work at and the library I work at now. I understand NOW that seeing it as often as I did that it was a message from the divine that I should read it. (You would think that too if you EVER knew how many times I'd see it.) Like you though had I read it one of those first few times I'd seen it, I would have taken nothing away from it.

    After learning about The Law of Attraction and putting it into practice on a daily basis, I was finally able to understand the message the book was trying to present.

    We all come to things when can understand them. Sometimes we learn of something too soon and only in the presence of hindsight to we FINALLY understand the message.

    Like you, had I read The Alchemist sooner I would not have understood it and it would probably have freaked me out.

    With growth, but emotional and spiritual we are able to see the larger picture.

    Thanks for discovering my blog, Orea. I'll be following you as well.

    Be Happy! Be Well! Be Positive!
    --
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear him all the time. I had a profound moment as well and he has never left me just like he promised. I wrote my story as well. It is great when we have these moments and follow the path. Not all do or hear but he is always knocking and speaking to us! Nice blog! This is post I spoke of
    http://somedaysornow.blogspot.com/2010/09/turniing-point-that-changed-my-life.html. I'll be back for more. Lots of love to you on your path!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your good responses to a very personal story. I am delighted to be finding new friends who really understand this kind of thing.

    I count my riches in my friends and the people I love. And I'm getting richer all of the tine! I'll be following you, too. It's a wonderful path we share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christopher, I know what you mean by a certain book kind of demanding your attention. That has happened to me, too. It's really cool when it happens, and I guess we have to assume that when we actually do something about it, it's the right time no matter how long it takes us to get there!

    ReplyDelete