Welcome!

Welcome! I'm glad you found your way here. Spirit guides and ascended masters have been teaching me for over 25 years. It has been an educational, joyous and fulfilling journey. It's time to share it with you.

I am not doing this for fame or financial gain. My aim is solely to serve humanity and the Divine by listening, writing it down, and making it available to guide and inspire you. That is the sum total of my calling and my ambition.

I think there are people who need this. If you like what you see, please spread the word. If you find something you want to share, post a small portion and a link to the blog page from which it came. The URL for the article will pop up in your navigation bar when you click on the title. Cut and paste as needed. Spreading the word is the very best way to thank me and my sources.

There is enough material here to give you a lot to ponder; most of it is timeless. I encourage you to dig into the archives and see what speaks to you today.

Thank you for coming by. Know that the moment you made contact here, love and blessings have started flowing your way, from me, and from my many contacts. Even if you cannot hear them, they can hear you, so speak to them freely and know you are heard and understood. You never know, you just might get a reply!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Qi Gong Techniques to Help Balance Your Emotions

Orea here:  These are challenging times, and I've been feeling that it's more of a struggle to keep in balance.  I know from my contacts that I'm not the only one feeling this way, so I offer, from my background in Zhineng Qigong, a couple of practices that are simple to learn, but very effective.  I hope you find them helpful.

Background: In Chinese Traditional Medicine, there are five elements, each of which is related to a major organ, and a color, each major organ relates to a specific emotion. Too much qi in one of our major organs relates to too much of an emotion. Conversely, too much of any emotion (even joy!) can damage the related organ if held too long.

One simple meditation you can do is the Five Elements Circulating Meditation, which helps to dissolve blockages and get the qi moving. You can do this by closing your eyes and focusing in turn on each of your major organs and envisioning it lit with the corresponding color of light. "Qi goes where thoughts flow." Stay with it for a while, then move on to the next one, in order, and so forth, going around in this circle as long as you choose to. When you get done with the kidneys, go back to the liver and go around again.

Liver = green
Heart = red
Spleen = yellow
Lungs = white
Kidneys = dark blue

This will help you achieve balance in your emotions by balancing the qi in your organs.

--------------
Now, emotional first aid. It's high level stuff, but easy to do.
Use this when you feel too much of one of the following emotions, to help the excess qi move on. I have personally used these and they are remarkably effective. It still amazes me. Give it a try and see what you think. I keep a filing card handy with this info, so I can act quickly when over-emotion hits.  It doesn't remove the emotion, necessarily.  (If you are really happy, you don't want to lose all of that!)  What it does do, is bring it down to a less overwhelming level to keep you more comfortable and functioning better.

Too much Joy = excess qi in heart. Think about the tip of your nose. Sends qi to your spleen.

Too much anger = excess qi in liver. Think about a smiling face. Redirects qi to your heart.

Too much sadness = excess qi in lungs. Pretend to be fearful, think about your kidneys.

Too much worrying, obsessing, can't stop thinking about something = excess qi in spleen. Tap your crown, think of blue sky, white clouds. Send qi to lungs.

Too much fear = excess qi in kidneys. Think green, back of head (cerebellum). Sends qi to liver.
-----------------
I know the above sounds pretty strange, but don't let that stop you from giving it a try.  We westerners are making a huge mistake to dismiss all of this as superstition.  It's based on a far deeper understanding than our science can provide.  

Blessings,
Orea

No comments:

Post a Comment